Dragonfodder Jewellery

Dragonfodder Jewellery

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

FOOD FOR THE SOUL

I seem to lacking food for the soul. I think the tough times we are going through at present, are wearing me a bit thin. I know that there is always someone out there having a worse time, but when you are in this space it's hard.

I haven't been able to get much jewellery made and seem to be hopping from one thing to another, not really actually achieving anything. Without sounding too whiny, I'm finding all these household chores a real grind. I'm even getting really irritable about it, it's really soul destroying work. You've hardly done something and it needs to be done again. There is definitely more to life than housework.

Soo, I took some pics about two weeks ago, early in the morning, of some of my favourite necklaces that I'd made when I was starting out. I was so disappointed with the pics, that today, I took some more but I'm not crazy about them either. I'm going to have to work on techniques, as the pics aren't showing the jewellery off, they are much more "jewel" to the naked eye.
Spring

These pictures with the blueish tinge were taken in the early morning in the shade, in the garden.  I was so disappointed with the photos that the mood for writing about when they were made and the inspiration behind then vanished into thin air. 

This one was inspired by spring (I think) and the business of the design appealed to me.
Tuareg Dream
This one was inspired by a web site I went on when I first started wanting to make my own jewellery. It was a site that showed beads and jewel from West Africa and the surrounds. They made sourcing the beads sound so exciting. I bought the amber beads from a chap in Johannesburg who said he came from the Sudan, but I'm actually none the wiser. It's copied from a design done by a Tuareg nomad.

Monied, because of the coins and keys.  The silver bee pendant was bought from a bead shop, that has now unfortunately closed. She used to keep really special beads and pendants but said that there was not much of a market for her choice of goods.

What's Left is made from beads in the stash that I love and then matched up with complimentary beads.


Monied
Steel Bee

What's Left

Here are the same necklaces, photographed in the mid-afternoon and on grey scarves.

Rambling On

I am a daydreamer, a compulsive shopper (I hate this about myself), a romantic realist (if there is such a thing), a book and magazine junkie, probably a TV addict and I fancy myself as being NOT a run of the mill granny.

I love gardening and miss our gardener, who has been off injured for about a month. The garden is more fun when he has the place all tidy and I can potter.

I've not had any perfume for about a year now. I removed the samples from my daughters magazines, not before she has looked the mags though and ignored the samples. I tried 212VIP by Carolina Herrera. It's gorgeous, it reminded me of my working days when I always had perfume to wear.

I need to go and help Joce with Liam now. Si is back in hospital as he has a large (long) blood clot in his one leg. Apparently cancer patients can suffer from this. So, his in hospital while they get rid of the clot. He should be home tomorrow. Joce has caught a cold and is not feeling so hot.

More another day. Crazy writing to myself like this but hopefully it's therapeutic.



















A BIT MORE OF THE CRAZY STUFF
A few Sundays ago, Joce decided we needed to eat breakfast alfresco on the patio. Poor Si, he found it a bit chilly as one can see. He ate as fast as he could and then closeted himself in the sunny sittingroom for the rest of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment