Dragonfodder Jewellery

Dragonfodder Jewellery

Thursday, August 4, 2011

THE TIME MACHINE

Tick Tock, Tick Tock. Time waits for no one. I just can't keep up with this machine. Time just flies and it has nothing to do with my age.

Rich retired on the 31st of July 2011, not of his own choice, as is happening to so may people nowadays, he was put on early retirement. He's going to take some time off and then start his own venture. This is obviously his first week at home and he has been so busy helping Joce with her house renovations and still Simon's estate, that he hasn't had much time to chill. I also haven't had to get used to having him around, as his been so busy.

Well, it's now two days since I started this blog. This time machine is too much. I finished the necklace which was an order. I'd done the necklace in blues and got a request for it in mainly lilacs. In fact it went to work with Joce on Saturday the 30th without my even taking a pic of the final product. I hadn't changed it though, I've just no record of the clasp, but no matter.
The Secret
 I know that I've put these paintings of mine on the blog before. I'd decided to have The Secret framed. The woman at the framing shop loved the painting and tried her best to buy it. But I always find it difficult to sell things I've made.

I was so pleased with the result of the framing, that I threw caution to the winds and had my Indian Girl with Poinsettia framed as well. I went for a very over the top frame. I just love the result, Rich thinks its a bit much but it's hanging in the sitting room anyway.
Indian Girl with Poinsettia



This is Bronwen's button necklace. It was almost finished at the time I took the pic. I just had to add the clasp and some ribbon embellishments. I'll take another pic before sending it off to Scotland.

Bronwen's Button Necklace


I've filled some bezels and make another necklace and will probably take photos tomorrow. Then I have to make bracelets, my stock at Joce's salon has really run down.

I got really brave on Saturday and went to Irene Market with Liam. I thought I managed quite well and bought a few things from friends. I painting from Michelle Penny, an ornamental plate and a wall plaque. I'm as usual pleased with my purchases. I've only hung the painting of the Buddha and Chicken because there was an open nail in the sitting room wall. Pics to follow with the next blog.

I've got so many ideas buzzing around in my head, for necklaces and bracelets, as well as bezels, that I don't know where to start. Let alone have the time. Sylvia, my sister in law gave me phlox seedlings and I need to get them planted, as well as the rocket seed I got from Mith, my mother in law.

I think I'm starting to feel less stressed since Simon's death. I felt so overwhelmed and sure that I was not going to cope with the responsibilities of looking after Liam, Joce been sad, as well as having Rich at home. A good friend, who recently lost his daughter in a vehicle accident, said that the sooner one accepts that life is not going to be the same as before, the sooner one will cope and get on with life. Easier said than done, and I'm sure he is experiencing the same. We'll all have up and down days for quite some time still.

No comments:

Post a Comment