Dragonfodder Jewellery

Dragonfodder Jewellery

Monday, February 14, 2011

BLOGGING

It's Monday the 14th of February 2011. I'm supposed to be doing housework and here I am at the blog again. I've already been on three of my favourite blogs Ornamental, Lorelei Eurto and Live wire jewellery. They all make the most incredible jewellery and Nina Bagley's narrative is always amazing, inspiring, sad, soulful and beautiful.

Today is Valentines Day and after my lament yesterday that Rich isn't romantic, he presented me with a Valentines Day present this morning. A CD of Rupa and the April Fishes, Este Mundo, I've being trying to get my hands on this CD since about April 2010. So I'll treat myself to a quite listen this afternoon.

I'm once again struggling to insert an image, so I'll publish this, get on with the housework, go to gym, as I haven't been since last Monday and get back to this later this afternoon.
 
The "Man" necklace
OK! so I couldn't give up. I managed to get the date sorted and insert an image. Rich has been asking for a man necklace for ages. So this is the result. I completed it on Saturday evening and he is pleased with it. Slept in it on Saturday night, showered with it on Sunday morning, wore it the whole of Sunday and probably slept with it on last night, although I didn't check. The central bead is hand made and from Mali, the black beads are wood and the other beads are bone. Maybe I can say this was an early Valentines Day present?

Well  it's evening now, today went well as far as housework is concerned. I managed to do the whole house, as well as wash the kitchen and dining room floors. I even had time to water some of the garden. After this huge effort on my part, I have to now try not to get irritable when Rich spills something. I can honestly say that I really, really dislike housework, it's soul destroying, you have to do the same thing over and over again. I don't find it productive at all.

Yesterday I managed to do the deadheading I wanted to, as well as make the pesto. Although not Basil pesto, it turned out to be Basil, Rocket, Italian parsley and Mint pesto. With garlic thrown in for good measure. Aside from the olive oil, red wine vinegar, pine nuts and Parmesan were added to the mix. This is going to be great served with pasta, pitted black olives and cherry tomatoes from the garden. I've stored the pesto in the nicest bottles but I once again can't insert the image. So, frustrating. Rich thinks I'm crazy as I'm always saving glass jars. I say I'm recycling, saving them for when I do preserving. Not that I've ever preserved anything in my life. Although I have made pickled beetroot years and years ago.
My home made Pesto
I've got 4 images I want to insert. My pesto in the jars and 3 others, which now look like I'll have to save for tomorrow. I can't fiddle here any longer. GOT THE PIC OF THE PESTO INSERTED AND THE OTHERS IN THE FOLLOWING BLOG.

I want to go and read my book, The Winner Stands Alone by Paulo Coelho. I'm on page 161 and still can't decide if I like the book. It has most certainly not grabbed my attention like the Millennium Series by Stieg Larrson. I think I read all three books in about two weeks, which is a record for me. I usually read about two pages in bed and then start to fall asleep. I love reading, but with all the things I try to pack into a day, I struggle to get the reading in as well.

So tomorrow we try again to publish pics with the blog.






No comments:

Post a Comment