Well after the way I felt and was last week, I at least managed to get a bit of jewellery made over the weekend. I love making jewellery and adore the beads. I'm not satisfied with just stringing though and find that I really enjoy working with wire. It's hard on the hands. I keep telling myself that if I do it more often, then my fingers will toughen up. I want to get more adventuress with the wiring and saw the book Calder Jewelry on the blog, "the writing and art of Andrew Thornton". So I'm going to try and get the book and do some learning. Unfortunately, wire is not so easy to get here. I usually end up buying all the 20 gauge wire in the shop, when I do manage to find it.
Sunday saw me making earrings, earrings and more earrings. Not ground breaking designs or anything like that, just everyday earrings. I had to put them all together, because if I try and photograph them individually, then they come out either miles away or blurry. I have a Nikon Coolpix and haven't got to play with it much. I just want to take pics and have not spent any time going through the camera's features. I never read a manual.
Once the children had left home, we each took one of their bedrooms for personal space. Rich took Joce's room for a study and I took over Bevan's room for a studio. We were out one Saturday, browsing through second hand and retro shops, when I saw this great old desk. Rich had agreed earlier, that if I found a desk, he would allow me some space in HIS study, as long as I didn't take over. When we got home with the desk, my desk was much larger than his and in order to get both desks in, Rich was relegated to the corner and I had the window space. Rich is very tidy and my desk usually looks like a bomb struck it.
I then spent the whole of Sunday afternoon in the studio making this lariat. It was painstaking but I love the outcome. I don't know what the pendant is, maybe Agate or Feldspar or Onyx or ................ The other components are, shell squares, retangular dics and rice, black glass beads, Czech glass beads, Hematite discs, Mother of Pearl buttons, Feldspar nuggets and seed beads. I made the clasp using 1mm wire. This took me almost three hours, as it was made in sections, which then had to be joined together. I've called this piece Delilah.
Mondays still seem to be my days to chill. As I said, it was raining. So I parked myself in the sitting room, in front of the TV from about 11h00 and knitted and wired these tiny buttons. Originally for a bracelet, but now I'm not sure. I also have the cute gingham covered buttons, so who knows.